Graphik und Southbridge Reflowing in Deutschland und Europa

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
HI Dilbert

Of course - I remember our discussions about the chemicals. I'm using an actual solvent - short name DMA - it quite successfully now, but it does destroy the outer layers of the BGA where the epoxy has penetrated, so reballing (or a new chip) is necessary).

I find your comments about overheating the chip very interesting indeed and it may be the answer I'm looking for with some chips where I have new replacements. The solvent route does work but it takes a long time - more than 1 hour - to dissolve and a lot of work with a scalpel to scrape the solft layer away.

Agreed too about the Samsung DDR2 chips whcih pop.

Onto Nivida. That information is very useful indeed for me. I read the enquirer article but seemed to miss about the problem not being the BGA to motherboard but the primary to bonding layers. In one way it makes it easier for me because I don't have to deal with dots of epoxy strips (some HP's use red strips compared with Thinkpad clear ones) and simply need to do a reflow on the chip as it is.

I'm trying to get hold of decent replacement Nvidia chips since it's a better solution than reflowing.

Can you PM me your TPF US link when you've posted there and I'll follow the thread.

Many thanks for your insites - much appreciated.

Nick

hi,

sorry, but i can´t find a e-mail contact on the mainpage of refflowrepairs.

A friend of mine may have the flexingproblem, but he would like to contact by email first.

greets

Frieder

edit//

ok, mailkontakt is back again on the page

thx

Hallo Frieder

Many thanks for your message and apologies for the problems - I've not heard anything from my webmaster but maybe he was doing something.

We can be contacted on either hilfe@reflowrepairs.co.uk or support@reflowrepairs.co.uk or of course via the forums.

I'll look out for your friend's email.

MfG

Nick

Hi df6fn

Many thanks for that - much appreciated.

May the morse go with you....

MfG

Nick

So, auch hier mal eine kleine Rückmeldung:

Ich hatte ein Asus G1 hingeschickt, auch mit vermuteten NVIDIA-Bug und die Reparatur verlief wirklich reibungslos.
Kommunikation einwandfrei, Reparatur hat knappe 2 Werktage gebraucht und auch kleine Sonderwünsche wurden berücktsichtig - top!

Das Notebook läuft nun knapp nen Monat ohne Probleme und wollen mal hoffen, das es so bleibt ;)

Meine Empfehlung und Dank geht an Nick! :thumbsup:

Grüße
Head

@Nick: Thank you, the Asus G1 works like new ;)

Hallo Nick,
danke für diese Information.

Gibt es irgendwelche Neuigkeiten bezüglich des nVidia-Problems?
---------------------

Hello Nick,
thank you for this information.

Are there any news concerning the nVidia-problem?

Hello Mornsgrans

Again apologies for using English. Google translate is your friend!

Nvidia: General information is that nothing changes but as I think everyone here is aware Lenovo have / is still(?) offering to repair T6x's with this issue. If that information isn't known here I'll find the thread on Lenovo forums.
We still don't repair these since we cannot remove the clear epoxy between the chip and motherboard and even if we could we don't feel it's right to offer a repair service which doesn't offer a permanent solution - more of this below re other laptops.

Regarding other laptops with these chips - there are some new chips around which work a lot better and run cooler - I think they're 770's which are now labelled 771. They are very expensive but do seem to work.
Also we've been replacing 600's (I think this is the number but could be 620 - not at work) with new '10 date stamped ones. I suspect they have not been redesigned since they are still the same part number but they are new so should have a couple of years of reliable life in them.

I haven't mentioned it in the first thread since this is a Thinkpad forum, but now when we repair non TP laptops we do a lot of work to increase the cooling. After reballing we make our own copper shims in place of any blue plastic heatsink pads. Of course we then use Arctic Silver compound.

For some laptops we've developed an electronic modification (NOT a software mod!) to the Fan Control circuit which permanently causes the fan to run at low speed and then speeds up if the laptop becomes warmer as normal. I believe we're the only company which offers this.
This works very well for Samsungs (R700) and Dell (XPS M series). With the Dells especially this works very well. Before the mod the fan doesn't operate until the heatsink is too hot to touch but after the mod the the maximum core temperature of the GPU was 64C.

With HP DV Series we cannot use this mod because the control circuit operates differently.
With these laptops we can apply a simple mod which makes the fan run at permanent full speed and without doubt it causes these laptops to run at the coolest temperature possible. But it's noisy, battery consumption will be high (unlike "our" mod) and there will be decreased fan life.
We offer it to customers and around 50% decided to go with it. The mod is very easy to "unmod" so I'd recommend it since the advantages are a lot better than the disadvantages.
I cannot give details about the mods - sorry!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Very interesting, Nick. - Thank you.

A couple of our forum-members got replaced the motherboards of their T61, but it only was limited to mar. 31st. Other users did purchase a replacement board with Intel GPU so they can use their T61 for an longer time.

---------------

Sehr interessant, Nick. - Vielen Dank.

Ein Teil der Forenmitglieder bekam ihre T61 Boards ausgetauscht, jedoch war diese Aktion bis zu 31. März limitiert. Andere kauften sich ein Ersatzboard mit Intel-Grafik, damit sie ihr T61 noch länger nutzen können.

Hi Nick,
I hope you are aware that Dell and HP all had BIOS updates recently. The BIOS update has the modification that the fan runs constantly at low speed and higher at higher temperatures, just to solve the nVidia overheating.

I, too, repaired a few HP notebooks on some weekends, and the first thing to go is the blue silicon glue (cr*ap) and being replaced by copper shims.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück
Oben