T6x Inverter for HV150UX2-100 in a T60?

atagunov

Hallo!

I'm buying parts for a 15" 4:3 T60/T61 Frankenpad
I'd like to use HV150UX2-100
The 1600*1200 one with ex-factory LED backlight

I know that a cable needs to be modified, I will be ordering one to be done for me I guess..
What is the best solution for inverter?
I'm sensitive to flickering so I strongly prefer high-frequency PWM

Okay it seems the PWM frequency is set in software and defaults to 200Hz on Linux
On the other hand people still performed modifications to eliminate flicker altogether: link

Apparently modifying stock inverter is one option..
Should I use that option? Should I buy some other board?..
I know that I have probably missed my chance with the group by just now..

I can order on TaoBao via suberbuy so if you have a link for me I'd be very happy
I can solder but I don't trust myself very much and would probably rather pay for one done for me

I'm not in a rush at all and can wait
Thank you!

P.S. upon some reading "The inverter is not modded either, instead you tap the voltage at four points of the original inverter and then solder the points back to the display". From other sources it's also good to remove the transformer from the inverter. I guess I could try this route.. Then there is a separate mod to inverters described elsewhere which is supposed to give us a high PWM frequency.. But this high PWM frequency mod probably applies to some other inverters, not to Lenovo original ones. It's all probably doable but then I'd much rather use somebody's knowledge who has already done it in the past.. I might try to solder wires to the display myself if provided instructions and assurance the inverter works otherwise :)

P.P.S. Apart from high PWM frequency I would like to retain reasonably large adjustment limits; I read some inverters on the market allow only a narrow range of max-min bright adjustment. Ideally I'd like the Frankepad to be useable both in a dimly-lit bedroom and (almost) in direct sunlight.. That's the whole point of LED backlight, isn't it? :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have a complete Frankenpad with said display. If you are interested send me a PM.

I have a complete Frankenpad with said display. If you are interested send me a PM.
Hallo, I did ask you over PM what kind of Frankenpad you built, but I might be more interested in building my own at this point
I will be very happy to hear how you solved the issue with the inverter and if you managed to avoid flicker :)

I got the matching inverter with the display :)
@ flickering: can't remember that it flickered, but then I run it at full brightness.

• ok1.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen
Zurück
Oben