E-Serie Can I upgrade my Thinkpad E470 to an E5xx or similar?

Thinkpad E-Serie

Johnephen

I got a Thinkpad E470 a while ago and got it repaired, but I have to say that the performance is pretty mediocre these days. It can also be that I'm just used to desktop computers or simply asking too much. But my question was whether I might be able to build a mainboard with a more up-to-date or better CPU in the same case? I just asked about something because the names of the devices were very confusing to me. I saw that I could have gotten an i7-7000 instead of the i5-7200U, but it would also only have had 2 cores like the i5, which probably could have produced more heat. That's why I wanted to know if it would be possible to use a more up-to-date mainboard in the system/housing.

Also a small question: can I just upgrade a German backlit keyboard without any problems? would be very comfortable for typing in the dark. (I'm currently using a German one, please don't be surprised.)

I would seriously consider investing in a "new" second-hand ThinkPad and selling the E470.
Then you have a device that meets your requirements.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Is there a way I can search for a Thinkpad model based on my standards?

I just want a minimum of 4 cores with multithreading, regardless of whether it's AMD or Intel, which shouldn't be too old, which should have an acceptable i/GPU for games (now no current triple-A titles, more like Minecraft running stably) & the should have upgradable Ram, at least DDR4, and has a battery life that is not just 4 hours without charging.

is it reasonably affordable or is it just something that should be cheap on the desktop market.

Everything from a T480 upwards should meet your criteria..i think that you should sell your current one as is, too...its too much of a hassle trying to retrofit another mainboard in that chassis, it can be done, but the gain is so small for the Frankenpad that you get...does not make much sense..

• ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück
Oben