T4xx (T400-450 ohne "T440s/T450s") Akku leer, wird nicht mehr geladen

Klamann

Hallo,

Mein T420 hat vor einer Weile aufgehört, Akkus zu laden. Ich habe zwei Akkus, einen original von Lenovo mit 57Wh und ein Imitat mit 84Wh. Beide werden korrekt erkannt und solange noch Energie gespeichert war, konnte ich mit den Akkus auch normal arbeiten. Wenn ich am Netz hänge, wird im Betriebssystem auch angezeigt, dass der Akku geladen wird. Mittlerweile sind beide Akkus leer, d.h. ich kann ohne Netzteil nicht mehr starten. Es wird weiterhin angezeigt, dass die Akkus geladen werden, aber die Energie bleibt unverändert bei 0Wh.

Nun dachte ich mir, es kann unmöglich sein, dass beide Akkus gleichzeitig kaputt gehen (ich habe das Problem erst bei dem Noname Akku bemerkt, dann gewechselt, beim Original das gleiche). Also wird es wohl der Controller auf dem Mainboard sein. Heute habe ich das Mainboard ausgetauscht, alles funktioniert wie zuvor, aber... immer noch das gleiche Problem!

Ich habe mir jetzt einen neuen Akku bestellt, um zu sehen ob es wirklich daran liegen kann, aber bis dahin würde ich gerne mit euch rätseln, wie es dazu kommen konnte bzw. erfahren ob nicht jemand schon mal etwas ähnliches erlebt hat. Habe leider kein anderes T420 in der Nähe um ein paar Sachen zu testen...

Liebe Grüße

Willkommen hier im Forum;

versuche mal ein anders Netzteil!

Akku raus und ohne Netzteil probieren es müsste auch ohne Akku gehen.
Ansonsten gut Tipp von oben. Netzteil tauschen

Das Notebook startet mit Netzteil problemlos, egal ob mit oder ohne Akku. Sobald ich das Netzkabel ziehe, geht es aus.
Ich habe zwei Netzteile, original von lenovo. Mit beiden funktioniert es, nur die Akkus werden halt nicht geladen...
Eine Dockingstation hab ich auch, aber auch da das gleiche Spiel.

Lass die Akkus mal über Nacht laden dann wird es meistens wieder. Das dauert sehr lange bis komplett entladene Akkus wieder Saft aufnehmen also einfach Laptop aus, Strom anstecken und lange liegen lassen

Hatte ich schon probiert, hat leider nichts gebracht.
Außerdem war einer der Akkus noch zu 1/3 voll, als das Problem aufgetreten ist. Auch der wurde nicht mehr aufgeladen, und nachdem ich eine Stunde ohne Netz gearbeitet hatte war auch der leer.

Entweder sind beide Akkus defekt, was auch schon vorkam. Es kann auch der Steuerchip der Ladesteuerung oder die Sicherung nahe dem Akkuanschluss auf dem Board defekt sein.

Hier ein Beispiel eines T410-Boards:
http://thinkwiki.de/T410_Sicherungen

Ich habe jetzt einen neuen Akku gekauft und es funktioniert. Der Akku wird geladen, die beiden alten Modelle weiterhin nicht.

Das heißt, dass die beiden alten Akkus tatsächlich am gleichen Tag kaputt gegangen sind.
Zufällig ist das sicher nicht passiert. Meine Theorie ist, dass eine Fehlfunktion auf dem alten Mainboard die Akkus gekillt hat. Das könnte man natürlich testen, indem man das alte Mainboard wieder einbaut, den neuen Akku einsteckt und schaut, ob der auch kaputt geht, aber... ich glaube das erspare ich mir.

Habt ihr noch eine andere Idee? Ich bin gerne bereit, Tests mit vertretbarem Aufwand durchzuführen.

Es gab nach Einführung von Windows 7 einige Probleme mit Akkus, die nach entsprechenden BIOS-Updates behoben werden konnten (die Akkus blieben zwar "tot", aber es "starben" danach deutlich weniger). Zudem gab es für einige Akkumodelle Firmware-Updates.

Vielleicht gibt es hier den einen oder anderen Ansatzpunkt, um eine Wiederholung zu vermeiden.

Weiß nicht ob das auf mich zutrifft. Hatte auf dem Rechner nur Ubuntu im Einsatz, und dass die Akkus, die über Jahre funktioniert haben, auf einmal durch ein BIOS-Problem sterben... ich weiß nicht. Aber ich werde auf jeden Fall das BIOS auf dem neuen Mainboard aktualisieren.

Das zwei Akkus durch Zufall am gleichen Tag sterben ist mMn nicht unwahrscheinlich ,auch wenn es für den Betreffenden durchaus unangenehm ist !
Was der Mensch als ungewöhnlich wahrnimmt ,muss nicht notwendigerweise gegen die Wahrscheinlichkeit verstossen : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geburtstagsparadoxon .

Gruss Uwe

It could be that the ( faulty? ) motherboard had let the battery go under a certain voltage, triggering the battery internal protection circuit. If this is the case, you could open the battery and try to reverse the state, but if cells actually reached a very low voltage, it may be not safe to use them more.
Have you checked battery voltage? To check it on linux you can use gnome power statistics, or go to /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0, where you can check also the voltage of every group of cells ( 6-9 cells battery packs are made putting in series three groups of 2-3 batteries that are in parallel, and there is an internal voltmeter for each group ).
Anyway, you can have a chance to revive batteries recalibrating them with the official lenovo tool on windows ( or at least it may tell if batteries are defective ). When I recelled my battery it was the only way to rewrite the capacity value ( recalibrating with linrunner tlp on linux did not work ).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
gnome power statistics reports these values:

lenovo: Energy 0.2 Wh, Voltage 11.6 V
noname: Energy 18.2 Wh, Voltage 10.8 V

the energy value for the noname battery must be wrong, because the device turns off instantly as soon as i turn off the external power supply, but the voltage seems to be ok (maybe a little low for the noname battery).
I was unable to read from /sys/devices/platform/smapi because there is no such folder on my file system. Here"s what i got:

$ ls /sys/devices/platform/
alarmtimer/ i8042/ PNP0C14:00/ serial8250/ vesa-framebuffer.0/
coretemp.0/ microcode/ PNP0C14:01/ thinkpad_acpi/
dock.0/ pcspkr/ power/ thinkpad_hwmon/
dock.1/ PNP0C0D:00/ reg-dummy/ uevent
Fixed MDIO bus.0/ PNP0C0E:00/ regulatory.0/ vboxdrv.0/

you can have a chance to revive batteries recalibrating them with the official lenovo tool on windows
is there some way to run this without installing Windows? maybe with wine?

you could open the battery and try to reverse the state
can you explain how to do this? what's the chance that the thing would explode while I try to open it? ;)

First battery voltage is strange, voltage in these battery packs is usually in the range 12,6 V ( 100% charge) ~10 V ( 0% ), so either the battery it' s very old/with lot of charge-discharge cycles and has very little capacity left ( possible, but mine was 5y old still held 55% capacity ) or you have to recalibrate it. For the non original, I don' t know, if it uses poor quality cells it could be that it has lost all its capacity in a short time.
To recalibrate on linux, you can try installing tlp if you haven' t yet ( it helps a lot also with reducing power consumption ), and use its calibration procedure ( aka "sudo tlp recalibrate BAT0" or similar). Probably you cant' t find /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0 because you d0n' t have tp-smapi module installed, if you install full tlp package for thinkpads you will cause it is required. Based on my experience the procedure on windows has more chances to work, personally I had to buy a second hand w7 license for 4 euro on ebay and install it to succed, but maybe my case was worse than yours because I detached the internal circuit during recelling.
As for trying to reverse the state of a dead battery, you have to follow this procedure, it is not very risky but open battery pack without destroying it requires a little patience.
However if you can check battery voltage, this is probably not your problem, because in case of triggered protection circuit voltage would have been 0.

Good news: the old lenovo battery is working again. Apparently it was enough to insert the new lenovo battery I bought yesterday to trigger this behaviour. This however didn't affect the noname battery, which still has the same issues as of right now.

I managed to install the tp-smapi kernel module and this is the output for the noname battery:

Code:
sudo tlp-stat -b
--- TLP 0.8 --------------------------------------------

+++ ThinkPad Extended Battery Functions
tp-smapi   = active
tpacpi-bat = active

+++ ThinkPad Battery Status: BAT0 (Main / Internal)
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/manufacturer               = Panasonic
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/model                      = 42T4704
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/manufacture_date           = 2011-02-24
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/first_use_date             = 2011-02-19
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/cycle_count                =     16
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/design_capacity            =  84240 [mWh]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/last_full_capacity         =  64710 [mWh]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_capacity         =  18180 [mWh]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_percent          =     28 [%]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_running_time_now = not_discharging [min]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_charging_time    = not_charging [min]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/power_now                  =      0 [mW]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/power_avg                  =      0 [mW]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/state                      = charging

tpacpi-bat.BAT0.startThreshold                              =     96 [%]
tpacpi-bat.BAT0.stopThreshold                               =    100 [%]
tpacpi-bat.BAT0.forceDischarge                              =      0

just for reference, this is the output of the old lenovo battery, which is now functional again:

Code:
sudo tlp-stat -b
--- TLP 0.8 --------------------------------------------

+++ ThinkPad Extended Battery Functions
tp-smapi   = active
tpacpi-bat = active

+++ ThinkPad Battery Status: BAT0 (Main / Internal)
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/manufacturer               = SANYO
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/model                      = 42T4791
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/manufacture_date           = 2011-06-24
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/first_use_date             = 2012-02-01
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/cycle_count                =    327
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/design_capacity            =  47520 [mWh]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/last_full_capacity         =  27420 [mWh]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_capacity         =  19700 [mWh]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_percent          =     72 [%]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_running_time_now =     55 [min]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/remaining_charging_time    = not_charging [min]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/power_now                  = -19245 [mW]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/power_avg                  = -21374 [mW]
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/state                      = discharging

tpacpi-bat.BAT0.startThreshold                              =     96 [%]
tpacpi-bat.BAT0.stopThreshold                               =    100 [%]
tpacpi-bat.BAT0.forceDischarge                              =      0

I tried running tlp recalibrate BAT0 with the still broken noname battery, but as soon as I run the command, the device turns of instantly. My guess is that the external power supply gets cut off to discharge the battery, which still reports 18Wh of energy, but actually there is no energy left and so it turns off.

Well, I guess it's not unlikely that this is a random failure of the noname battery, now that the lenovo battery is working again.
@florio thanks for your support.

I'm happy that somehow you battery has started working again. If you want do a last check just for reference on your noname battery, use "cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/group*" command from terminal. It will show you voltage values for every group of cells. 9-6 cells pack have 3 groups, based on the fact that internal circuit keep them in equilibrium at the same voltage, in normal scenario the output has to be 3 very similar values ( delta<50 mV) in the range ~3300-4200 mV, and one 0 ( because the fourth group is not present ). If you find that one of the values is lower than others, then you have a defective cell in that group and this would probably be the main reason because battery doesn' work anymore.

I've already checked those values, they seem to be perfectly balanced.

Code:
$ cd /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0
$ tail *
==> barcoding <==
1ZFMG000000

==> charging_max_current <==

==> charging_max_voltage <==

==> chemistry <==
LION

==> current_avg <==

==> current_now <==

==> cycle_count <==

==> design_capacity <==

==> design_voltage <==

==> dump <==
c0 e0 04 80 ba 0b 5b 2a 00 00 00 00 1c 00 1a 07 
c0 e0 47 19 ff ff ff ff ff ff c0 00 10 00 ba 0b 
c0 e0 e8 20 30 2a 31 00 58 3e e8 03 00 00 00 00 
c0 e0 50 61 6e 61 73 6f 6e 69 63 00 30 36 00 00 
c0 e0 34 32 54 34 37 30 34 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
c0 e0 4c 49 4f 4e 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
c0 e0 31 5a 46 4d 47 30 30 30 30 30 30 00 00 00 
c0 e0 53 3e 23 0e 40 1f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
c0 e0 00 00 02 00 54 0b 38 31 00 00 00 00 00 00 
c0 e0 42 03 00 20 c7 0e c5 0e 00 00 c8 0e 05 61 

==> first_use_date <==
2011-02-19

==> force_discharge <==
tail: error reading 'force_discharge': No such device or address

==> group0_voltage <==

==> group1_voltage <==

==> group2_voltage <==

==> group3_voltage <==

==> inhibit_charge_minutes <==

==> installed <==

==> last_full_capacity <==

==> manufacture_date <==
2011-02-24

==> manufacturer <==
Panasonic

==> model <==
42T4704

==> power_avg <==

==> power_now <==

==> remaining_capacity <==

==> remaining_charging_time <==
not_charging

==> remaining_percent <==

==> remaining_percent_error <==

==> remaining_running_time <==
not_discharging

==> remaining_running_time_now <==
not_discharging

==> serial <==

==> start_charge_thresh <==
tail: error reading 'start_charge_thresh': No such device or address

==> state <==
charging

==> stop_charge_thresh <==

==> temperature <==

==> voltage <==

If we can trust these values, the battery should be perfectly fine and maybe it's just an issue with the battery's firmware. On the other hand we know that there's at least one value we can not trust (current energy) and it's also kinda strange that none of the other values (e.g. voltage) changes even slightly, no matter what you do, so it might be that this is just the last known state of the system and the battery is actually dead by now.

• ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück
Oben