X2xx/s (X200/s-260) X250 always boots into BIOS

sg08234

(Obviously after update to BIOS 1.23) my Thinkpad X250 (Windows 10 Pro 1607) always boots into BIOS. I am able to start the X250 via F12 bur this can't be the lopngterm solution´.

I already tried with no success:

Do you have any idea(s)? Thanks - Michael

Thanks! Unfortunately all the hints (esp. "Disable Execution Prevention"as stated above) did not help .

Isn't there any way to "downgrade" the BIOS?

What are the Lenovo preferred settings for Windows 10 Pro 1607 on X250 (Secure Boot, UEFI or Legacy, ...)?

As written in the Lenovo forum - thread there is no way to rollback this BIOS version to a previous one, because the older ones contain lacks of security.

Please call Lenovo for a service call and/or post your trouble in that thread.

OK - Is there any document / thread describing the preferred BIOS settings for Windows 10 Pro 1607 on X250 (Secure Boot, UEFI or Legacy, ...)?

Since Windows 8:
Secure boot: on

Best experiences made many users in this forum:
BIOS Mode: both
(f.ex. repair of bootsector need "UEFI" or "both")

Other settings: default

(just my opinion)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I performed some further tests:

1. Clean install 1607 on harddisk: No Boot-Problems
  2. Clean install 1607 on SSD: About every second 2nd Boot shows „Intel PXE Boot“

It looks like the SSD is not always (quick enough) recognized by BIOS / Boot-Manager.

Any ideas? Many thanks - Michael

- - - Beitrag zusammengeführt - - -

The keyboard was the troublemaker! Due to a unstable connection mainboard-keyboard F1-keytrokes were transferred at random. Thus the laptop in these cases started with BIOS.

I have to ask Lenovo support for a stable connection (the little black fixing part was broken)

Thanks to all - Michael

• ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück
Oben