T480/s ThinkPad THUNDERBOLT FIX / UPDATE ThinkPad T480s

Crisser67

ThinkPad THUNDERBOLT FIX / UPDATE ThinkPad T480s

renderTimingPixel.png

++++Breaking News+++Wonders still happen!
Lenovo Vantage (non Commercial) just did it! Thunderbolt fixed in seconds,like a breeze.!
Here's the whole Story.
My almost new T480s arrived in my life 3 days ago partnering my trusty old (11y.) Lenovo Ideapad G580.
I sure was aware of the Thunderbolt issue, as I was as always contemplating for weeks ,which "emergency" laptop to get.The G580 ,oldy but goldy,but you never know.
It is this one:
https://www.ebay.de/ipp/116040306932?transactionId=2413280899001
This baby is basically new,original backlit keybord,even with non advertised fingerprint reader.Battery over 80%.Verrry happy camper now!So I'm on Win10Pro. After setting all up I started to play with it.As it was a virgin Windows intallation from the seller I did all the Windows updates and put Vantage ,non com, on it and updated everything.All went fine,so far, so good.So I thougt, why not connect my Sony Experia 10V with it and draw some stuff over.So I had to use the infamous Thunderbolt socket,as the normal USB-C socket was occupied by the wall charger.Yes the phoni got charged,data transfer,nope.So plan B,USB-A.All good.Next was USB-C.All good.This reminded of that dang Thunderbolt thing.As naive as I was,I thougt"just 5 minutes more and I'm good to go, err hold my beer (german here)".Oh yess,I can hear your laughfter....So I searched and tried for endless hours .Main Problem was:Too many "magic receipts" and beer went out last night, err... or so.Not a happy camper...I was still on Version 14 NVM instead 23.Today ,in my miserable desperation I played with Vantage,just for fun.Suddenly,out of nothing,my eyes were reading something I wasn't prepared for.I just could not believe it...Mr.Vantage sheepishly whisperd to me:"psst, hey cris,I got somethin' for yer,guess what...
There is a .......Vantage ...THUNDERBOLT UPDATE...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you want to install it ?" Me:" Oh yesss baby I want.I want to marry you,errr or so".. I must admit: Even in my unexpected childish euphory I was a nitty bitty skeptical,but sure pulled the trigger.I installed,seconds later I very carefully moved my cursor to the Thunderbolt tray icon in the taskbar,rightclick INFO and here you go,lm on NVM 23!!!!!!

1707140983742.jpeg

Sometimes happiness comes so easy.....seems like magic.. But curious as I am,I went over to DEVICE MANAGER to check the driver Versions.That was interesting:

1707141042151.jpeg
Driver date: 2019 ,hmm,stil kinda old ,hmm..dunno ,so looked at the USB department in device manager:

1707141075930.jpeg

1707141106074.jpeg
Both brand new,as of 18.01.2024 thats astonishing...What happend LENOVO,are you woke again...?
So next was the real live test.Phone.Sony.What else.As we know what didn't worked was data transfer on Thunderbolt.Plugged in,and...tataa ,worked like a charm,live is good again,at least,,,you ...know..
I also tried my tiny Anker 30W Nano II GaN phone wall charger.Charged full power when lappi was on.No complaints.Nice kinda EDC unit.Wil get pretty warm,but thats the same when I charge the phone.
Hope I could help.Take care.Of everything. So long.Chris.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück
Oben