T4xx (T400-450 ohne "T440s/T450s") T430 BIOS rollback

burko01

Hi there,
is it safe, or even possible, to re-flash current BIOS , G1ETC2WW, v.2.82, 07.08.2019; to (previous ) original one v2.71 ?
Thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Please find the needed information in the README of the BIOS files. In many cases a downgrade is not possible, if the BIOS update contains security-fixes.

Please find the needed information in the README of the BIOS files. In many cases a downgrade is not possible, if the BIOS update contains security-fixes.
Thank you M, i was hoping you would show up (found this forum thanks to you while on L. support forum) cos I don't speak Deutsch, and give me a hint what to do.
I'll do as you suggested, thank you.
All
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

Downgrade is easily possible via IVprep:

Hi Exe, thanks for sharing valuable info !
I'll check it, try to understand if its feasible and...let's see what happens next!
Much appreciated.

This is the readme file for 2.82 (direct link!) https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/g1uj49uc.txt
Not supported to go back to 2.71.
Question is: you really mean 2.71 oder is it a typo? Going back to 2.81 should be possible though.
Hi P,
no, that was the original bios. I decided to upgrade to win10 and changed bios to the latest available, 2.82, without giving it much of a thought.
In the process, after win 10 was up and running, I lost connection on lan port. Diag tool from within bios itself found mobo to be OK !? I was lost,even though I had working wifi; I always preferred wired connection. Pulled laptop apart - couldn't find anything suspicious; spent few day reading around internet to no avail. So, now you probably see why I want to go to that 2.71 : win10 was installed with that bios and networking was OK on that port. Baffled...
But, now I don't want to brick working laptop and knowing next to zero about bios' need all the help I can get from pros like you guys here.
Maybe I am barking at the wrong tree here, thinking that bios is the culprit, but am hoping somebody will give me a good lead.
Thanks, P.
All the best.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
It's possible. I downgraded several T430, x230, w530 from the latest BIOS to be able to install the EC patch for Battery and installing the 1vyrain Modbios

Ideally, I would try to use a dock or ultrabase to check if the ethernet is working. They are using the same ethernet controller.

i got an x220 without a working lan port as well, never thougt about BIOS being the culprit, maybe I should "factory reset" mine as well
Hi DS,
I am just poking in the dark and hoping somebody will help me find, either the cause or the better way of looking at things. I don't have a clue if reverting the bios would change anything: even if I succeed in such endeavor !
Thank you for throwing your 2 cents in !

Ideally, I would try to use a dock or ultrabase to check if the ethernet is working. They are using the same ethernet controller.
Hi Exe, could you elaborate on these a bit, please ? Not familiar with any of these...sounds like a possibility if I remain in the dark with my other approach : reading a lot, trying to find that magical article that would make sense of it all...sigh.
Thanks buddy!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The dock/ultrabase on the x30-Genration are using the same Ethernet Controller of your ThinkPad. If the problem would be related to the controller/Bios it wouldn't work either. If it's working with the dock/ultrabase the issue would be related to the ethernet socket

Essetentially this was my only attempt of diagnosing my failed ethernet port. I put into the Ultrabase - this one right here, you would have to use this one tho - and put the ethernet cable into the docking station. This method did not yield any results and the ethernet connection did not work. I guess i could try to downgrade to another bios level..

@burko01 do you have any idea how to flash your bios? now that i am intrigued, i really wanna try it..theres not much else i can do, except to use that particular board for spare parts then..no ethernet is kind of dealbreaker

Quick Update: My Bios Upgrade to the latest Mod Bios (for the Advanced Menue Listing) although sucessfull, still did not kickstart my LAN Port. Even a manual install of the Intel driver provided by Lenovos Supportsite itself ended in an error, stating: "No Intel Networkports found"..

This is for me where I give up. At this point I can only re-solder the contacts on the lan port itself or just wave the white flag. I mean moving forward it is just not worth the trouble. Maybe at a future time I can try somethin else, but this is it for me.

As for your scenario. I would re-direct you to Lenovo Support Page and urge you to download the Intel Ethernet Driver from there and check whether that helps you or not. Compare driver version beforehand, It is unlikely that an Bios Up- or Downgrade changes anything. You can still try it, its your time. What else u can do is using a usb network adapter in order to connect to a local wifi network and then search for drivers via the Windows driver search. That might help. Anyhow, i wish you the best of luck

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@Exe
I put into the Ultrabase - this one right here, you would have to use this one
Now I understand what you meant with this dock/ultrabase thing thanks to DS here, thank you, who kindly provided links for me.
No, unfortunately; living in a third world country like me, it would be prohibitive to try to get it just for the sake of testing the port. Sorry.
I just bought an usb 3.0 ethernet network adapter, for around 20$ here in the third world realm; it works...but only @ 100Mbps !?
That's even less than my internal wifi adapter that runs @ 144 Mbps...
I'll try, blindly, no expectations at all, your link to GitHub. If it works, fine; if it doesn't - fine again.
I'll throw my towel in the ring; in the end: it's not worth it !
Thanks for your time man, it's really appreciated !

@DS
Thank you for sharing these links with me. From my answer to Exe, if you read it, that is; you could deduce they wouldn't work me, niether.
As for your question here
do you have any idea how to flash your bios?
the answer is no, but I do have a valuable lead here
Downgrade is easily possible via IVprep:

which I am yet to get to. Let's see what happens. I am afarid that the end result would look a lot like yours ! But, I have to try it , right?

As far as this is concerned
As for your scenario. I would re-direct you to Lenovo Support Page and urge you to download the Intel Ethernet Driver from there and check whether that helps you or not

as you could see, I already have in the system original "I tell" driver WITHOUT yellow exclamation triangle !?
I would stear clear of "L nuovo" help, sorry.
When I was trying to do a manual driver search for windows 10 installed on my maschine, the latest drivers HAD NO DOWNLOAD button; they were greyed out !
...forcing you to go thru the Store for the Poor, and make The Big Vaccinator even happier with profits pouring in...sigh.
Don't let me go there, phhhhlease...
Anyway, sorry for the detour !
And for the last
What else u can do is using a usb network adapter
And the last
What else u can do is using a usb network adapter
you probably had read my answer to exe and the outcome...
Thank you very much DS, it was my pleasure to exchange a few thoughts with you !
Stay cool !

Anhänge

• Eth Cntrl 071723.PNG
    Eth Cntrl 071723.PNG
    66,2 KB · Aufrufe: 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück