Thinkmod SSD im Expresscard Slot

Nicht ganz, ich habe es einzelnen auch per PN geschrieben, ich wurde vom Hersteller ausdrücklich darum gebeten, das Geld erst dann einzusammeln, wenn er die Mods bereit hat:
"To clarify though - don't take the money until I've got them ready. I want to accurately calculate the cost of shipping. It might be quite a bit less expensive than estimated. I think I may have far overestimated the weight of each mod."
Dementsprechend werde ich darauf noch warten. Außerdem gibt es im Moment noch ein paar Schwierigkeiten mit den Prototypen, weswegen letzte Woche Prototyp 5 bei PCBWay bestellt wurde.

So, gibt bald mal wieder einen Blogpost. Es werden jetzt insgesamt 1000 Stück produziert und danach keine mehr nachproduziert - dafür soll eine neue Mod kommen, die dann sowohl SATA als auch PCIe unterstützen wird:
I want to lay out my plans clearly here. I'll be making a blog post tomorrow, but for now, this is a slight briefing on my ideas.

I'm going to be ordering 1000 units of TM-E2M. I've sold roughly ~400 units so far. I'll be selling off the rest through thinkmods.store until I run out. At that point, I will no longer make TM-E2M.

This is because I'll be making a new mod to replace it - one that supports both M.2 SATA and M.2 NVMe drives in the same mod. I think there's much more demand for this, but it requires a much more complicated design that I was not comfortable tackling as my first product. My hope is that I'll have the new mod ready before TM-E2M sells out, but that's impossible to predict. I will most likely not need to crowdfund for the new version, but if I do, it will only be once the design is 100% finished and prototyped.

Hey ihr Guten!
Ich wollte fragen, da ja noch keine Thinkmods versendet worden sind, ob ich mich noch der Sammelbestellung anschließen könnte ? :)
Liebe Grüße

Ich finde den Nachfolger interessanter. Habe hier mitgelesen und werde auf die hoffentlich dann folgende Sammelbestellung warten. Danke bis hierhin!

Der Nachfolger, der PCIe und SATA gebracht hätte, wird vermutlich nicht kommen. Es ist dafür geplant, in Zukunft 2 Modelle anzubieten: Einmal für SATA M.2 und einmal für PCIe M.2.

So, eine kleine Äußerung zum Lieferdatum habe ich mal wieder für euch: Soll was vor Weihnachten geben!
"My goal is to have orders in the hands of every backer before the holidays."
Für uns Deutsche kann sich das aber u.U. etwas ziehen.

Womöglich wird Weihnachten doch nicht erreicht...
Blogupdate: https://thinkmods.store/blogs/news/november
"Interessante" Meldung:
my boot SSD, [..] cracked the DRAM chip
[..]
In short, I lost all of my ThinkMods data.

@yttrium:
Losing much of the Thinkmod data is certainly annoying, but considering you also lost a lot of personal data I guess you already feel punished enough, so please don't take this the wrong way:
To clarify, I have since signed up for 1TB of cloud storage and moved everything into it. I am not going to let this happen again. I can't even begin to describe how much personal data was lost as well, not just company data.
A 3rd-party cloud backup is a good additional idea in a backup concept, but don't rely on it as your primary backup! Murphy's Law dictates that the company will vanish or change its terms of use in unacceptable ways right when you need them.

Get at least two backup media of your own! Put one in reach of your PC and start doing regular backups (daily, weekly, whatever data loss seems acceptable to you in comparison to the added effort of doing the backup). Never connect that "on-site backup" to your PC or even the power grid except for backup purposes (in case lightning strikes your house and fries all your electronics)!
Put the other medium in a remote safe place (your work place, the home of someone you trust) and devise a method of keeping that "off-site backup" up to date. This method might be via internet turning the off-site backup into a personal cloud that is under your control or via carrying USB sticks around. The point is to have a reasonably up-to-date backup in case your house burns down (including your PC and the on-site backup).

Ich werde es mal weiterleiten. Gibt übrigens nen lauffähigen Prototypen in einem X230, auch wenn da die Samsung 970 Evo gaaaanz leicht überhängt.
PXL_20201124_135611858.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Yes.
Das letzte Teil was fehlt ist der SD-Cardreader-IC, das ist das letzte worauf gewartet wird (Stand 24.12).
Ein Schraubendreher für den Adappter wird ebenso beiliegen wie auch eine Anleitung, die übrigens auf Deutsch und Englisch sein wird. Weitere Sprachen sind derzeit nicht vorgesehen.

Heute soll wieder mal ein Blogupdate kommen.

- - - Beitrag zusammengeführt - - -

Siehe hier.
https://thinkmods.store/blogs/news/december

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Frage: Wie muss man die vielen "noname-SSD" und Chinafabrikate sehen, taugen die was ...... oder doch nur Markenfabrikate nehmen und gut iss??

Edit: Der Adapter wird wohl nicht nach Europa verschickt, sehe ich es richtig?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
...doch, wird auch nach Europa gesendet. Bestellung auf der Website nach nicht-US ist derzeit aber ausgesetzt, bis da was mit der Steuer geklärt ist.

• ok1.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen
Zurück
Oben