IBM EMEA Globe Wallpaper/Hintergrundbild

saperkus

Ich sammele IBM/Lenovo Hintergrundbilder und Ich suche den IBM-EMEA-Globe-Hintergrundbild von Windows 2000/XP.

IBM-EMEA-Globe-Wall.jpg

Folgende Geräte haben es:

• Windows 2000: A31, A31p.
  • Windows XP: A30(p), A31(p), T23, T30, X22-X24, X30, X31, R30-R32.
Vielleicht kann es jemand teilen? Ich suche nach Originaldateien (BMP Dateien) in allen Bildauflösungen.

War das nicht eine Anwendung (exe?), nicht nur ein bmp?

Ich habe das irgendwo...

@Morns, das ist aber die Version von den T4x in etwas blasserem blau und blauem IBM-Schriftzug.

Ich such auch nochmal, müsste irgendwo auch die ältere vom X31 noch herumfahren haben.

Entschuldigung für späte Antwort.

War das nicht eine Anwendung (exe?), nicht nur ein bmp?
Ich habe das irgendwo...
Es ist ein BMP-Bild.

@Morns, das ist aber die Version von den T4x in etwas blasserem blau und blauem IBM-Schriftzug.
Ich such auch nochmal, müsste irgendwo auch die ältere vom X31 noch herumfahren haben.
Genau. Dieses Hintergrundbild war für T23, T30, A30(p), A31(p), R30, R31, R32, X23, X30 und X31.

Das ist mein Archiv. Es gibt keine EMEA-Version.

Es ist ein BMP-Bild.

Nein, das ist eine Active Server Page, kurz ASP. Es wird als ZIP-Archiv mit Installer ausgeliefert, und dieses ZIP enthält VBS-Scripte und Bitmaps (BMP), die generell eine dynamische Anzeige des Desktophintergrunds ermöglichen. Im Falle dieser IBM-EMEA-Version wird dynamisch die Zeitzone angezeigt, in der sich der IBM-Manager oder IBM-User gerade befindet oder eben nicht, damit er die Uhr auf dem ThinkPad nachstellen kann, bevor er sich per Modem mit 128 kb/s in das jeweilige Firmennetzwerk einwählen wird, (oben rechts zu sehen).

In den USA gibt es mehrere Zeitzonen:
13:07 Washington, D.C., (GMT-4)
12:07 Chicago (GMT-5)
11:07 Denver (GMT-6)
10:07 Phoenix (GMT-7)
10:07 Los Angeles (GMT-7)
09:07 Anchorage (GMT-8)
07:07 Honolulu (GMT-10)

Normalerweise wurde damals vorher vereinbart, ob die Uhrzeit des Firmensitzes oder die Uhrzeit des Users gilt, wenn sich der User in die Mailbox der Firma einwählt. Befand sich der User geografisch in der nicht roten Zone, die auf dem Bildschirm angezeigt wird, musste er die Uhrzeit auf dem ThinkPad so ändern, dass sein geografischer Ort rot schraffiert angezeigt wurde. Internet für den Zeitabgleich gab es damals noch nicht.

Man kann das BMP auch einzeln aus dem ZIP-Archiv ziehen, aber dann wird nur der World-Hintergrund angezeigt, und nicht die ASP.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hier gibt es eine Sammlung der IBM Customization-Dateien:

https://sites.google.com/view/oemfiles

Leider bisher nur das amerikanische Wallpaper. Das europäische müsste man sich von einem entsprechenden Gerät im originalen Softwarezustand rippen, das könnte schwierig werden, so eines im Jahr 2020 noch zu bekommen.

Hier gibt es eine Sammlung der IBM Customization-Dateien:
https://sites.google.com/view/oemfiles
Leider bisher nur das amerikanische Wallpaper. Das europäische müsste man sich von einem entsprechenden Gerät im originalen Softwarezustand rippen, das könnte schwierig werden, so eines im Jahr 2020 noch zu bekommen.
Sorry for switching to English language - my German skills are still not sufficient for a longer discussion...
Well, that's my website. Happy that you found it. :)
This wallpaper is a kind of nightmare to find - I think, that I started looking for it like 5 (or so) years ago. During this time, there were maybe three devices in total on eBay and ebay-kleinanzeigen which still had it. None of sellers agreed to sell them outside their country, so I was not able to buy them.

As for recovery images, starting from ThinkPad T23, IBM stopped bundling recovery discs with the devices. Instead they were adding recovery partitions, but without any applications to create discs from them (at least on IBM ThinkPad T23 with Windows 2000 preload). So once disk died, recovery died with it. IBM provided recovery discs only due to warranty claims or as a separate order.
As for today, they no longer can be bought. I've spoken with Lenovo directly - they no longer have them. About a year ago, I actually got UK version of IBM ThinkPad T30 recovery from eBay... to find that UK and US recovery sets are exactly the same. They both contain America's variant of this wallpaper.

So... I will be really thankful, if someone who still have them could share them.

I know your pain.

I've bought an A31p last year and it had the European wallpaper still on it - it also came with Recovery CD's that the seller had made with the IBM software (Thinkvantage System Recovery, I think).

Didn't know the wallpapers were not included on those discs, so I wiped the whole harddrive. After that I found your website and I bit myself in the ass knowing that I deleted valuable data. D:

Got an A22p last week, also didn't have the wallpaper on it anymore.
I'm sure it will come up again one day. :) We just need to keep looking! :D

I suspect this BMP image is the wallpaper we are looking for...

The original BMP file is 3.75 MB in size. That is too big to upload in the ThinkPad-Forum.
I'm looking for a way to make them available.

---> Link (dead)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
It's a BMP file but it has JPEG compression artifacts in it.

So that's probably not the original file.

I know your pain.
I've bought an A31p last year and it had the European wallpaper still on it - it also came with Recovery CD's that the seller had made with the IBM software (Thinkvantage System Recovery, I think).
Didn't know the wallpapers were not included on those discs, so I wiped the whole harddrive. After that I found your website and I bit myself in the ass knowing that I deleted valuable data. D:
When you restored your device from these discs, have you got different wallpapers or there were no wallpapers at all?

Got an A22p last week, also didn't have the wallpaper on it anymore.
I'm sure it will come up again one day. :) We just need to keep looking! :D
A22p was available to order with either Windows 98, NT or 2000. Last two don't have any wallpapers. Windows 98 files are available on my website. :)

Oh, sorry! That's how I found him on the internet.

P.S. That's all I found. And that's the bycatch ...

I appreciate any help and support. While I have these files, this will not stop me from saying thank you. :)

During my research, I've found two sources of compressed EMEA wallpapers:
https://www.pc-collection.com/wallpaper-i-b-m.php
http://www.mocom.ru/Wallpapers/ibm.htm

The owner of first website seems to have IBM ThinkPad R31 with these wallpapers, but they newer answered my e-mails. Even written in French language. :)

When you restored your device from these discs, have you got different wallpapers or there were no wallpapers at all?

No wallpapers at all. They seem to only restore a default XP SP2 installation. ?

Good to know you have files for the A22p. I will check those out to make my machine perfect. Pretty happy to have a fully working one of those now. ?

- - - Beitrag zusammengeführt - - -

Good news!

The recovery disks for my A31p are indeed full IBM recovery disks - they only seem to restore everything completely if the HDD has already been pre-formatted to FAT32, though. So I guess I didn't do that last time so it only installed XP without the customizations.

Now I have the wallpapers in all resolutions up to UXGA and all of the originally preinstalled programs on it! :) Hooray!

Here they are:

https://cloud.pxmedia.de/d/bb460982475b4742ab3d/

If you need any other files, let me know.

Edit: I've also added the EMEA screensaver files.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Good news!
The recovery disks for my A31p are indeed full IBM recovery disks - they only seem to restore everything completely if the HDD has already been pre-formatted to FAT32, though. So I guess I didn't do that last time so it only installed XP without the customizations.
Now I have the wallpapers in all resolutions up to UXGA and all of the originally preinstalled programs on it! :) Hooray!
Here they are:
https://cloud.pxmedia.de/d/bb460982475b4742ab3d/
If you need any other files, let me know.
Edit: I've also added the EMEA screensaver files.
How may years I have been looking for them...
THANK YOU!

• ok1.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen
Zurück
Oben