760XD + CF-IDE adapter?

User32

I bought Mornsgans his 760XD and I was thinking of swapping the HDD with a CF-card because it's way, way faster than a ~20 year old HDD, anything I should lookout for? Recommended CF-cards?

OK. I have no experience for the 760XD. But in the T43 I had a 16GB CF-"SanDisk" used temporarily.

OK. I have no experience for the 760XD. But in the T43 I had a 16GB CF-"SanDisk" used temporarily.
All of my IDE-equipped Dell Precisions and T2x ThinkPads have mSATA-IDE SSDs and I must say even on a UDMA2 machine like the T22 running NT 4.0 it makes a enormous difference!

All of my IDE-equipped Dell Precisions and T2x ThinkPads have mSATA-IDE SSDs and I must say even on a UDMA2 machine like the T22 running NT 4.0 it makes a enormous difference!

I also had this idea. But does old systems like 760 can work like this. If you found out more please hit me up i have 760XL and some older machines that could profit from this (hack). :)

Transcend cards are easier to use because they are working instantly as fixed disc if attached to IDE.

Concerning the Adapter (I have a similar problem!) I've found 2 from delock 91653 and 91655 and I am not sure which one to buy...

CF-Cards up to 8 GB Size shouldn't be a problem. For higher capacity ones you need a Disk Drive Overlay Software, short DDO due to BIOS Limitations. Make sure to get a proper CF-Card which gets recognized as "Fixed Disk".

I'm still using proper Harddisks in my five 760s. ;)

Even though my 760XD died, thanks for all the info everyone.

• ok1.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen
Zurück
Oben