X1 Carbon No Graphics on X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A7)

MetaColon

A few weeks ago, after a normal boot, my ThinkPad X1 Carbon crashed and didn't boot anymore.
That's to say, the keyboard lit up and died again, without any output on the screen.

My intuition told me that something might be wrong with the BIOS, so I completely disassembled it and took out the BIOS battery for half an hour.
After reassembling, the keyboard stayed lit up - but there still was (and is) no visual output on the screen.

I tested it in a completely dark room and found out, that not even the backlight of the screen turns on.
I also tried using an external monitor via HDMI, which had an interesting result:
My monitor detected that something was connected, but didn't receive any input (it didn't complain that no cable was connected but went into standby mode, as if the connected device was merely sleeping).

I assume that something's wrong with my internal graphics card, which seems like a pretty hopeless situation, but maybe you have an idea what might bring my ThinkPad back to life.

Let me know if you need any further information and thanks in advance for your help :)

• ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück
Oben