600X for 55€, should I do it?

User32

A retro (ugh) computer shop has a few 90s era ThinkPads for sale (sometimes for exorbitant prices I must say!) and I found a 600X 2646-4EG there, they want 55€ for it.

Should I go for it to have a Bento Box ThinkPad or should I just wait and see if a 770X comes up for sale somewhere?

Does the 600X contain equipment? Is it in a good condition?
In my optinoin € 55.- is not too expensive.

Afaik a 770X is less common than a 600X.

Let's face it: you will be buying this thing for fun. There is no application left for which you need a 600X. That's totally fine, people spend a lot of money on their hobbies! But it changes the question: It's not about whether 55€ is too expensive or not... if you enjoy playing around with old hardware and can get a few hours of fun out of it - great! Go ahead. If you realize that you would rather go to a concert or see a bunch of movies in a cinema then spend your 55€ on tickets. Both are perfectly good choices, it just depends on your individual preferences what to do ;-)

Let's face it: you will be buying this thing for fun. There is no application left for which you need a 600X. That's totally fine, people spend a lot of money on their hobbies! But it changes the question: It's not about whether 55€ is too expensive or not... if you enjoy playing around with old hardware and can get a few hours of fun out of it - great! Go ahead. If you realize that you would rather go to a concert or see a bunch of movies in a cinema then spend your 55€ on tickets. Both are perfectly good choices, it just depends on your individual preferences what to do ;-)
TL;DR: If you have a use for it and want to spend the money, go for it! If you don't, get something that has a use.

Might aswell get a Daylight LED kit for my X32 then, since it's far more usable than a 600X in 2018.

Thanks for thinking along though.

Meine Interpretation des Ganzen:

"TL;DR": Too Long; Didn't Read - Zu lang ... hab's nicht gelesen.
"Thanks for thinking along though": Trotzdem danke ... dass ihr über mein Stöckchen gesprungen seid.

:thumbup:

• ok1.de
  • ok2.de
  • thinkstore24.de
  • Preiswerte-IT - Gebrauchte Lenovo Notebooks kaufen

Werbung

Zurück
Oben